Welcome to Migrant Education, Region XI web page. We are an Federally funded program that advocates for migrant students and their families who live within the Pajaro Valley Unified School District. We serve over 4,000 students ages 3 to 21 and support their efforts for academic success by providing health and educational services. Our team of over 80 full time and part time employees are dedicated to support, empower, and advocate for our students and their families.
Our mission is to advocate for the community of Migrant children, young adults, and families who reside within the Pajaro Valley Unified School District. We are committed to:
- Identify, raise awareness of, and evolve to meet the needs of the community we serve
- Provide educational guidance, intervention and support to maximize the academic and personal achievement of the students and families we serve
- Create partnerships and advocate for equitable access of school and community resources to promote social justice
- Empower the families we serve to utilize available health, social, legal, and educational resources
The Migrant Education Program will achieve this mission through an accountable, evidence-driven decision-making process.
We provide services to students ages 3-21 who qualify for migrant services and reside within the boundaries of the Pajaro Valley Unified School District. Our services can be organized into the following categories
- Education School-Based Services
- Academic Guidance
- Health Services
- Identification and Recruitment
- Out of School Youth
- Parent Advocacy and Education
- Pre-School Services
- Staff Development
- Cultural Proficiency Development
Migrant Education, Region 11 is located 24 miles north of Monterey and 95 miles south of San Francisco on the coast of California. It is culturally rich, and a diverse agricultural business community. Beautiful redwoods cover the mountain range on the east and the sandy shores of the Pacific Ocean are on the west. The city of Watsonville, with a population of approximately 47,000, is the commercial and residential center of the Pajaro Valley.